There are numerous advantages of owning a human hair wig. Human hair wigs guarantee longevity besides providing a natural look and texture. However, many women struggle with their human hair wigs because they do not care for and maintain them properly. This article aims to take you through the ins and outs of tending to your human hair wigs.
Before giving your wig a proper wash, you need to get rid of all tangles first:
- You can either use a wide-tooth comb to comb the wig or utilize your fingers to rub through the wig. It is advisable to begin at the edges the gradually work up to the roots. In this manner, you will not have to worry about damaging the hair.
- You can proceed to the washing stage after working through a comb or fingers, and the wig is completely untangled. To begin with, wet the wig under running water, preferably from a tap. Water from a shower or bathtub would be ideal. Using water from a basin or sink will make the tangles worse.
- After that, scoop up a little shampoo and gently rub it within your hands until it lathers. Apply the lather to the wig evenly without twisting or rubbing to avoid tangles.
- When uniformly applied, use cold running water to rinse the shampoo out. Please give it a gentle squeeze or use a towel to eliminate excess water.
Undertake the conditioning process while the wig is still wet:
- Scoop up some conditioner and evenly spread it along the entire length of the wig. Please do not put any conditioner on the wig’s base as it could lose hair. Hair loss comes from the loosening knots on the cap of the wig. When you are done, leave the wig for about five minutes to allow it to absorb the conditioner.
- Next, detangle the wig again while still saturated and damp with the conditioner. Like before, detangle carefully right from the hair tips using your fingertips or a wide-tooth comb. Do not stretch the hair excessively to avoid inflicting any unwanted damage to the wig.
- Finally, wash off the conditioner. Washing needs cold running water.
It is crucial to note that drying a human hair wig is not done with a blow-drier. It will result in hair breakage. With that in mind, let us break down the drying process:
- The right way to dry the wig is by utilizing your own hands or a dry towel. Of course, you need to squeeze any excess water then wrap it in the dry towel. The dry towel will suck out any water that remains after pressing.
- When that is over, place the wig on a wig stand in a nicely-ventilated area away from direct sunlight. To add extra moisture and a little shine to the wig, you can apply oil to it.
Styling of the human hair wig demands a proper wig stand. The stand helps to keep the natural fibers of the wig intact. The styling process comes after the wig is nicely dried out:
- For a seamless styling procedure, it is advisable to use heated styling tools like hairdryers, curling irons, or flat irons. In the same way, you can choose to perm, heat, or dry the wig.
- To top it off, do not use hairspray on the wig since it makes it overly oily and messy.
The human hair wig is a must-have for any woman keen on turning heads without wasting a lot of time or digging deeper into her pocket. Nonetheless, the secret to a durable and acutely eye-catching human hair wig is exceptional care and maintenance.